Wednesday, March 11, 2009

If only...

Well, Will brought home is graded math unit test from last week. You know, the one where he skipped two pages? Yeah that one.

He got a 91%, which is a B+ in this crazy grading system. He only missed one small part of a problem. He had another point knocked off because of skipping the pages. He could have had an A, had he paid better attention.

I showed him that and he understood. Now, don't get me wrong, I am so happy that he got a B+. I mean it shows that he knows what he is doing, he understands the concepts and when he concentrates he can do well. I don't mean to sound like I am not happy with that.

However, when he didn't get an A all because he somehow missed two entire pages of a test, I get a little frustrated. Rightly so, I think! I just don't want him to feel like he can't make me happy. Which I don't think I am making him feel that way, but I just want to conciously be aware that I could come off that way to him if I am not careful.

So he has moved on to fractions in math now. He does not have a lot of confidence in his ability to do them. He says he does not understand them. He breezed through most of his homework the other night and seemed to get it. We shall see.

He has been preparing for a presentation on Friday. He had to choose a biography, read it, answer questions, create a costume and then practice a presentation on what he learned. He chose Daniel Boone. We get to go see it on Friday, I can't wait! He has been practicing at home and at school. I'll post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment