Thursday, November 4, 2010

Drum Roll Please...


I officially have a straight A student! Actually, two. Both of my boys received straight A's on their first quarter report cards. I could not be prouder! This was the first quarter Ben received letter grades, so it was so nice to see him so excited about them! And all A's at that.

As for Will. This was a first. He has been receiving letter grades for two years. But, had yet to receive a report card full of nothing but A's. He did it this time! He was so very excited about it and rightfully so. He worked darn hard to earn those grades. He really, really did.

We have been seeing Dr. T for his vision therapy. He has been three times now and he enjoys it a lot. I can't notice a difference in anything yet, however, with what she does I cannot see how it is not helping him. Lots of sensory integration activities as well as vision therapy. I have noticed fewer headaches. Who know if that is an effect of the therapy or what. But, it is an improvement.

We conference with Will's teachers in two weeks. I am looking forward to touching base with them about how Will is doing. I know he got straight A's, but I also know a lot of effort went into making that happen. The speech pathologist from school, that called me a couple of weeks ago, mentioned that his teachers said he has some attending issues. I want to hear more about that and how they think that is effecting him and what they suggest.

But, for now, we are just thrilled with his effort! He was so into keeping his grades up. He really showed pride in his work and accomplishments and desire to do well. It was great to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment