Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update

Not a lot to update. Just that I received an email back from the counselor last Friday. She said that she passed my question along to the school psychologist, as she is the one that handles the testing.

She also added that the school will not provide testing unless it is shown that Will has not been making academic progress. I have no idea what this means exactly.

He is definitely learning. I just think he learns differently. I think sometimes it takes him longer to learn something. I think he learns but sometimes has trouble translating what he has learned into answers on a test. Or rushes through his test or work and does not get the correct answer down.

I dunno. I get such mixed reactions from people about Will. Some friends think I absolutely should be getting him tested and that there must be problems going on here that we need to get to the bottom of.

My mom seems a bit more unsure like me. She thinks he needs tutoring and thinks that maybe there is something more there.

The teachers and school do not really seem concerned. They did earlier in the year and have made concessions/modifications for Will. That has definitely helped some. They don't think he is going to qualify for an IEP or anything if I have him tested.

Ack. I am waiting on that call or email from the school psychologist. This all seems to just move in slow motion... No one is in a rush, yet school will be out in 2 weeks. Hmpf!

No comments:

Post a Comment