Monday, August 16, 2010

One down, two to go

So, we had our meeting last week with Chris. The whole family, minus Ben, met with her for an hour and a half. Will really liked her. More importantly, so did Dad! I think she is going to be great for Will. She did an incredible job of explaining to him exactly what her job is. This is what she said, in my words:

"We all have toolboxes. Your mom has a toolbox. Your dad has a toolbox. I have a toolbox. You have a toolbox. The tools that are in our toolbox are the things we use to learn. Everyone has different tools, too. It takes a lot of time to figure out what tools you have and what tools you need. For many people, they don't figure that out until they get through high school or even college.  My job is to help you figure out what tools you need. I am going to be your shortcut so that you don't have to wait until you get through high school."

Wonderful! Just what we all wanted to hear. I have more to share, but that is it for now. He meets with her twice this week for the testing. He doesn't know it is testing, but we do! Can't wait!

We picked up Will's teacher assignment today. He has Miss P and Mrs. K. We got to meet them both today, too. He looooved them!  Which is great. He is very nervous about starting school, but I think seeing his teachers today helped a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment