Monday, August 23, 2010

Testing over


So last week Will went in for two days of testing. 1 1/2 hours each day. He seemed to enjoy it, which is a plus. I am so anxious to see how it went. After the first day, Chris told me that she had another questionnaire for me to fill out. She said she would just have me do it the next day while I waited for Will. I was very curious what it was going to be about as I had already filled out gobs of paperwork and questionnaires already.

As it turns out it was an ADD Scale. Interesting... I got to work filling it out after Will went upstairs with Chris. It was eye-opening, really. I had to mark a 1, 2, 3 or 4 depending on how often, during the last 6 months, I had seen the behavior in Will. WOW! The majority were a 3 or a 4. Meaning, I see it several times a week. If we don't get a dx of ADD I will be shocked. So many of them fit him to a T!

We go back on Sept. 1st to meet with Chris and hear what she found out. Will will not be with us at that meeting. We will take him for a short meeting with her where he will hear the same things we do, but in kid terms. I can't wait for Sept. 1st!

Tomorrow is the first day of school and he is anxious about it. Very nervous, but we have been to the school twice and he has met his teachers. He will be fine, he just needs to get through the first day or two!

Ben's first day is tomorrow also. We met his teacher, well not really met them, Will had them for 3rd grade. In fact, they are the teachers where all this fun stuff with Will showed it's pretty face. Ms. R. and Mrs. K. Ben is a completely different child and I hope they allow him to shine and don't expect him to have the same difficulties Will did.

Pictures to come tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment