Sunday, August 29, 2010

First week of 5th grade is done!


One week down... lots to go! Will had a great first week of school. He really likes 5th grade and being at the Intermediate school. The adjustment has been easy and as far as I can tell there is no anxiety going on at all.

He loves his two main teachers and also likes his Specials teachers. They are all "nice" and "funny", which are the two most important qualities to a 10 year old!

Will has us getting up at 5:50, which is dang early. His bus does not come until 6:55, but he wants enough time to pack his own lunch, pack up his book bag, eat breakfast and do some exercises. Yes, he and I are doing sit ups and push ups and a few minutes on the elliptical. He wants to do it and I figure it is a good habit to get in to. Though, 5:50 is still dang early!

His first day on the bus was marked by a threatening 8th grade who warned Will and his buddy that from Row 5 on back only 7th and 8th graders are welcome. The warning came with a fist in the hand. Will thought it was funny, though he said he moved at the next bus stop. Why he went to the back of the busy I have no idea. I told him to sit towards the front. He just followed his friend, he said. Now he sits in one of the first 5 rows!

Chris and I meet with the psychologist on Wed. to find out what was discovered during Will's testing. I can't wait to hear what she has to say. I emailed Miss P and Mrs. K last week letting them know he went through testing and that we would be getting the results this week. They emailed me back (the same day) and told me that they would definitely like to sit down and meet with us after we get the results. How refreshing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment