Saturday, February 28, 2009

The flu hits Cedar Ridge

Well, Will is now in quarantine with the flu. He missed school yesterday and therefore missed his Math unit test and a spelling test.

Mrs. Ketchum had sent home some additional review for Will to go over in preparation for this test. Hopefully he will be better by Monday and can make it up then.

She emailed me about his timed multiplication quiz on Thursday. The 3rd graders are expected to be able to complete 30 problems in 3 minutes. Will was so proud to tell me he completed 38, "he thought". I asked him if he got them all right. He said he thought that he did. But, he kept going back to the fact that he got 38 of them done.

I reminded him that the number he got done is not as important as the number he got right. I just had a feeling he had a lot of mistakes.

Well, mom was wrong! He finished 34 of them and had 33 of them correct. The one he missed was 8x10. He put down 8, instead of 80.

I am so proud of him and he was proud of himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment