Thursday, September 23, 2010

A little more info...

Convergence Insufficiency (CI), an eye teaming problem that occurs when the eyes point beyond a near target, such as a book.  When the eyes are pointed too far off the target, symptoms such as double vision, words moving off the page, headaches, visual fatigue and visual inattention can occur. 
I have been doing lots of reading online about Convergence Insufficiency and vision therapy and whatnot. Very interesting and I have found some bloggers that focus on it, too. For example: this one is a good one. Although it looks like he is no longer writing. 

I've also been reading some interesting info on Retained Primitive Reflexes which this gal also covers in her blog. I had never heard about such a thing until this morning. I read about it on a message board and something struck a chord. Could this also be something Will is dealing with? It seems as though it can lead to CI. I'll have to do more reading.
*** edited to add this link to Dr. McMain's newer blog and website. Apparently she dropped the original one I posted here back in Nov. 08 and moved on to another and even still on to her businesses website now. Vision Learning Center

So, the exercises so far have been hard to fit in. Between homework and soccer and some downtime it is really hard to make the time to do them. That sucks and I know it is just an excuse. And, I will figure this out. We made a sticker chart even. Now just to follow through. Not my strong suit! Plus it does not help that everything I read talks about how at home exercises are not nearly as effective as in-office vision therapy. I hate the thought of spending 12 weeks doing these exercises only to find out they did not help and we need to spend 12 weeks in office therapy!

I emailed Dr. L this morning asking her advice on the matter. We will see what she says. Plus I want to get the report. I am curious what it says.


No comments:

Post a Comment